Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The marinade for this makes the chicken so moist and tasty, and can be used just as well with any other part of the chicken, especially good with chicken legs. The chicken can be broiled in the oven also. Plan ahead, the chicken needs to be marinated in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. Recipe can be doubled for more chicken. Prep time is 3 hours marinating time.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I really liked this recipe, but I did make some changes. I used chicken thighs, cut the oil to 2 T, honey to 1 T, added 3 large garlic, salt and pepper. This had a nice, unique taste. I would do this one again. It is fast and easy...something that could be made up in advance and frozen. Thanks Kitten
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 large limes)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine/whisk the lime juice, oil, honey, thyme, rosemary, garlic and black pepper (if using).
- Place the chicken in a shallow glass baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Grill (or broil) for about 4 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked through.