1/1 Photo of Really Easy and Good Fried Green Tomatoes
This is a good recipe to use up any leftover green tomatoes. Recipe can be doubled if using more than 4 tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, pepper and sugar.
- 2In a bowl, mix together the egg and water.
- 3Dip tomatoes slices into egg/water mixture, then both sides into cornmeal mixture.
- 4heat the butter in a pan.
- 5Fry tomato slices until golden, adding more butter if needed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Easy and Good Fried Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 36.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g