Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good recipe to use up any leftover green tomatoes. Recipe can be doubled if using more than 4 tomatoes.
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 green tomatoes, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- butter (for frying)
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, pepper and sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together the egg and water.
- Dip tomatoes slices into egg/water mixture, then both sides into cornmeal mixture.
- heat the butter in a pan.
- Fry tomato slices until golden, adding more butter if needed.
Quick and tasty. Thanks.
I made these today with frozen green tomatoes. Excellent, but next time I will cut my tomatoes thinner, and use orange/green tomatoes. Thanks Kittencal!
Delicious, Thanks for a great recipe.