Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Perfect to have handy in your freezer for thousands of uses, like sponge cake, shortcake, pancakes, waffles or even ice cream. While raspberries are in season, take advantage of making this and freezing. There is no cooking at all with this recipe, and can also be stored up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. If you plan on doubling the recipe, prepare in two separate bowls. Make sure to purchase liquid pectin only for this. If freezing, thaw and stir before using.
- 3 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries (mash as for jam)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole fresh raspberries
- Combine 3-1/2 cups MASHED berries, sugar and corn syrup; stir until well mixed.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine liquid pectin and lemon juice; stir into the fruit mixture and stir for 3 minutes (making sure that the pectin is mixed in completely).
- Add in remaining WHOLE berries, stirring carefully not to break too much, but make certain that the berries are coated with the berry/pectin mixture.
- Ladle into 1-pint freezer containers; seal and let stand room temperature for 24 hours, or until partially set.
- **NOTE** you can also store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (after the 24 hours of counter time).