Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so good on top of ice cream, or any recipe you want to use it on, and easy to make too! Great to give as a gift, just place in a gift basket with an ice cream scoop, and small ice cream dishes, with instuctions on how to refrigerate the sauce.
Top Review by Bev
"Magnificent!" Most Excellent!" "Don't forget where you put this recipe!" These are the words I heard my husband say while he was enjoying this ice cream topping over his triple chocolate Hagan Daz ice cream : ) What more could I possibly add? Except that this is a simple recipe that I obviously will be making often ! Kittencal, I thank you!
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup butter (no subs please!)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (can use walnuts also)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and add/mix in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Serve warm over ice cream, or store covered in the refrigerator to whatever the date is that was stated on the container of the whip cream.