This recipe works well with beef or pork ribs ribs too, I have made this recipe using short ribs, and they turned out very good. This is cooked at a very low temperature for a longer time to produce very flavorful and tender ribs. The sauce ingredients may be doubled or tripled for more ribs.
- 3 -4 lbs pork ribs (can use beef ribs also for this)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (optional and to taste)
- Set oven to 275 degrees.
- Grease a small roasting pan, or a shallow baking dish.
- Cut the ribs to desired size and place in the roaster pan.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then pour over ribs in the pan; toss with hands to combine and coat the ribs with the sauce.
- Cook uncovered for about 2-1/2 - 3 hours, or until the ribs are cooked to desired tenderness (check ribs after about 1-1/2 hours).