1/1 Photo of Really Deep Dish Pizza
Bit like a pizza casserole but this has a crust so theoretically you could pick it up and eat it like regular pizza, but half of the toppings would probably slide off. The toppings listed are mostly suggestions try it this way or using your favorite toppings instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water or 1 cup milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1In a measuring cup or small bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in water.
- 2Combine flour, parmesan and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until dough forms; let rise 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 5Heat olive oil over medium heat, add hamburger, onions and garlic, season with chili powder and sauté until onions are tender and meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
- 6Grease a 9x12-inch cake pan, and press dough into pan.
- 7Pour 1/2 of sauce onto dough, layer 1/2 of all remaining ingredients, top with remaining sauce, then layer on all remaining ingredients (the cake pan will be full at this point).
- 8Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Deep Dish Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 1230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 35.6 g