Really Crispy Spicy Cajun Fried Chicken
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a paper bag.
- Season Chicken parts with Seasoning Salt and Pepper Place chicken one by one in bag and shake to cover chicken piece completely Place coated chicken on a rack above a baking pan to catch excess flour This is important!
- Leave chicken on the counter for 1 hour, sprinkling left over flour to coat as chicken"sweats" thru coating.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet to fit chicken and to a depth of 1/2 inch Place chicken pieces in oil skin side down- do not cover!
- 8 Minutes per side (or there abouts) until golden.
- Drain on brown paper bags Great served hot, with cream gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits- or cold for a picnic.