Rich, silky, creamy, rice pudding is comfort in a bowl.
Make and share this Really Creamy Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Place the milk, 3/4 cup cream, sugar, rice, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened. This is very similar to cooking risotto.
- Test the rice to ensure it's done. You want a firm but tender bite, but no crunchy center to the rice.
- Remove the pudding from the heat, and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup cream and the second vanilla extract, along with a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve warm; or refrigerate, well covered, and serve chilled. Sprinkle with a touch of ground cinnamon, if desired.
Easy to make and tasted good also. I think I would add just a little more sugar next time. Made for Please Review My Recipe.