Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My recipe is a compilation of recipes and suited for my taste.
Make and share this Real Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups of minced red onions (approx. 2 small onions)
- 1 cup of minced snowcap mushroom (approx. 15 mushrooms)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb shredded wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups of wisconsin full flavor beer (I prefer Miller High Life)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk broth and flour until smooth (I like to use a large cup with a strainer in it and shake vigorously) and add to pot.
- Stir in cream and beer.
- *Please make sure not to let boil since there is cream in the soup and you will kill the soup.
- Add cheese about a handful at a time, continuously stirring with wire whisk.
- Sauté onion, mushroom, and garlic with butter in 8 or 10 inch pan.
- Add veggies to pot.
- Let simmer for about half an hour, stirring frequently.
- *I prefer to refrigerate overnight!
Very good! I did add more cheese, and a pinch of cayene pepper. Popcorn is a must, to put on top!