Recipe by Traderjosie
I have been making this for 40 years and shared it with everyone. My family loves it. So I decided I should share it here as well.
Top Review by pljames
This recipe for Spanish rice turned out exactly as I had hoped: rich, full flavor, excellent color, and not soggy! It's simply delicious. I used red pepper instead of green, and added the tomato to the mixture with the other vegetables (the recipe didn't specify when to add it).
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped tomato
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a Teflon pan- place olive oil in the pan and when it is hot add rice -- fry until nicely brown.
- Reduce heat -- add bell pepper, onion, garlic and continue to sauté. After about 5 minutes or so add water, tomato ,chili powder and salt.
- Place lid on skillet and turn heat down, simmer gently.
- When the water has all evaporated-10-15 min later- slide the lid off of the skillet about half way so the steam will escape so your rice is not wet.
- (While rice is simmering check it to see if you need a little more water. I don't add much water as I don't like my rice mushy and keep in mind that the veggies added have moisture as well---be sure to taste it before serving -- I actually add more chili powder than this as I like mine spicy).