Recipe by Rosethorn
The gazpacho is a recipe specially cooked in Andalusia, the south of Spain,and that's where I come from! Reviewing recipes in this page I have found gazpacho recipes that have nothing to do with what is made in Spain, so I've decided to share with all of you the real recipe of this delicious cold vegetable summer soup, which can be served as a beverage, as a side dish or even as a main one. I hope you all enjoy it!.
- 4 -5 large mature and juicy tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 italian pepper (red is preferred as it gives a more vivid colour to the gazpacho)
- 1 garlic, glove
- 1 loaf white bread
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon wine vinegar (sherry vinegar is preferred)
- salt and pepper
- minced hard-boiled egg (optional)
- minced cured ham (optional)
- toasted crouton (optional)
- cucumber, cubes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- The first thing to do (after washing your hands lol) is to peel and deseed the tomatoes, garlic, pepper and cucumber.
- Wet the bread with some water and put all the ingredients in a food processor. And that's it!
- You can add water if you want your gazpacho more liquid, but I recommend you not to add too much. Also you can add some onion or/and more garlic to taste.
- Refrigerate and serve cold (you can add ice instead of water).
- This is the gazpacho recipe but it is usually eaten with toasted breadcrumbs,or/and minced boiled egg and minces cured ham, or even with some cucumber cubes.