1/1 Photo of Real Southern Style Green Beans
Little Mommy's Note:
My mother never just "opened a can" to make anything! She doctored everything to make it her own. These green beans are easy and even my husband eats them! Sometimes I add cut potatoes or turnips and let them simmer until soft.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon strips in half and brown, drain most but not all the fat.
- 2Add the onions and saute in a bit of the bacon fat until just soft.
- 3Add the green beans, mustard, brown sugar and garlic.
- 4Stir well
- 5Simmer on low for at least 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Southern Style Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g