1/4 Photos of Real Southern Chicken Fried Steaks
Jessica K's Note:
This is the real thing. Passed down from generation, I might actually be the first one to write this down. We just pass it down orally.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill frying pan about 1/2 way with oil, turn heat on med-med/high.
- 2In one bowl beat egg, milk, and some seasonings together with a fork.
- 3Put flour in another bowl and season to taste.
- 4Put 2 pieces of meat in milk mixture, let soak while oil gets hot(you know it's hot when a sprinkle of flour sizzles in the pan) then roll in flour batter and put in oil.
- 5Fry 10 minute one side then flip (or when golden brown) and fry 10 min other side. fry couple minute more each side just for good measure.
- 6While 2 pieces are frying put 2 more pieces in milk and let soak till other pieces are done. Don't put it in flour till ready to fry, will end up soggy!
- 7Keep repeating till all the meat's gone! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Southern Chicken Fried Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: