Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the June 2006 issue of Real Simple magazine. My friend, Shelly, was raving about an excellent pea salad that she had prepared. (It had even earned the approval of Mean Chef. LOL) While flipping through my issue of the magazine one evening, I discovered this recipe and thought that it sounded wonderful. It was amusing to learn that THIS was the pea salad that had impressed her. It is a fresh change from the usual mayo-laden pea salads.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb green peas, blanched if fresh, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine the mint, capers, shallot, zest, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the peas and goat cheese and toss gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
Excellent recipe! I really liked the "no mayo" recipe and the flavors that blended beautifully.
Good job gf! Can't wait to try it.