Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Real Simple Magazine and starts with canned beef broth and canned French fried onions.
- 3 (14 ounce) cansready to eat beef broth, not condensed
- 1 cup canned French-fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 4 slices dry French bread
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange 4 10 ounce oven safe salad bowls on a baking sheet.
- Place 1/4 cup onions in each bowl.
- Pour 1/4 broth over the onions.
- Add 1 tablespoon sherry to each bowl.
- Place 1 slice bread in each bowl.
- Top with slice of cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and soup is bubbling.