Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I changed a previously posted recipe. We ate at Red Lobster 2 days ago and this recipe duplicates their biscuits really well.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (Garlic & Herb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Place grated cheese in freezer at least 30 minutes prior to the start of making the biscuits.
- Heat oven to 400. Melt butter and set aside.
- Sift together Bisquick, garlic powder and Old Bay Seasoning. Stir in milk, frozen cheddar cheese, parsley flakes and melted butter.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes.
Wow - these biscuits are fabulous and so easy! My family fought over them on Christmas and every single biscuit I made was gone. I made one change, taking them out of the oven a couple of minutes early and brushing on the butter mixture, then put them back in the oven. The only other thing I would do different is eliminate the salt, or at least cut it in half. You cannot go wrong with this recipe!
I loved these but I didn't think they had enough cheese so I tried another batch, adding more cheese and they turned out much better. I also decided to brush on the garlic powder, salt, and butter but sprinkle the old bay seasoning, parsley and some shredded cheese over the second batch and they turned out GREAT. So this recipe is good but if you really want them identical to redlobsters then I suggest sprinkling that stuff on top! P.S. - I took them out 2 minutes early to sprinkle the extra stuff on after brushing the butter, garlic and salt mixture. That way the cheese could melt over the bisquits and brown with them. Plus the butter can make them soggy so I figured giving them that 2 minutes after it in the oven was the best way to go.
These were very good. They did take a lot longer than seven minutes in the oven. Other than baking longer, the two things I will do differently next time. I will use unsalted butter and I will also melt some additional butter to brush on the tops when they come out of the oven or just before I take them out.