Recipe by circe31415
The worlds best, from a real pumpkin!!! The roasting of the pumpkin adds flavor as the natural sugars caramelize. You won't know what hit you it is so good.
- 1 your favorite pie crust
- 3 cups pumpkin puree, from a real pumpkin (see below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups heavy cream or 2 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash pumpkin and slice in half vertically.
- Scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Poke a few holes in the skin with a fork.
- Place pumpkin on a baking sheet cut sides up.
- Lightly brush with oil.
- Bake at 325 until tender (depending on the size of the pumpkin 30 to 60 minutes).
- Allow to cool.
- Scoop out pumpkin and puree with hand blender or food processor.
- Add remainder of ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whip for 3 minutes.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 40 to 60 minutes until knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store in the refrigerator.