Recipe by hels
This recipe is a work in progress, I keep on finding slightly new things to do to it. Once upon a tme, it was based on something which an ex-housemate cooked but I've added all the seasonings myself. Pepper-wise, any colour goes, but I normally use yellow because it looks prettier! Courgette (zucchini) can also be used, but I decided that I don't like it. Minced beef or canned tuna can also be added - cook the beef before adding! Dried herbs = mixed herbs = sage, thyme, marjoram, oregano and parsley
Top Review by Cathy-O
Hels I loved this pasta sauce. I did everything as you said, except: added half a sachet of Bachelor's mushroom instant soup powder instead of the mushroom. I also added 135 grams of tomato puree, half teaspoon of sugar, and 400g of cooked chicken mince. It looks great and tastes great. I have a lot, so i plan to freeze some. I hope freezing it won't mess up the delicious flavor. Thanks again.
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (Mine come straight from a can!)
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper (bell pepper/capsicum/whatever you want to call it!)
- 6 -8 medium mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion, pepper and mushroom and fry over a medium heat in a saucepan until the pepper is soft.
- Add the tomato, herbs and paprika to the saucepan and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check the taste and add salt, pepper and/or more paprika if necessary.
- Leave to simmer for another 15-20 mins (continue stirring accasionally)- this is the perfect point to start cooking the pasta!
- Add garlic about 10 mins before serving - if it gets cooked for any longer it will lose its taste.
- serve with pasta and with cheese melted over the top.