3 hrs 15 mins
Got this from the internet, not sure of the site. I have made a few changes to the original. I served this a few parties and got rave reviews. The cooking time includes the time it need to sit. No clue how many servings this is but I took a guess that there are may be 20 Tbsp +/- in the the bowl and figured a serving to be a tablespoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add the onions, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- 3Uncover and continue cooking, stirring often, until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Let cool completely.
- 5Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl. Stir in ALL the onions and Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- 7Serve chilled, or room temp with your favorite chips, veggies, or even as a baked potato topper.
- 8Garnish with extra green onion or chives if you feel the need to make it pretty.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Onion Dip
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g