Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nikujaga is a kind of Japanese style boiled foods. I am a Japanese girl, so I can show you real Japanese food. Enjoy it!
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 3 potatoes, cut into 6-8 pieces (midium size)
- 2 carrots, cut into 6-8 pieces
- 1 onion, cut into slices
- 250 g slice beef (pork is also ok!)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sake (if you don't have sake,you may use white wine.DON'T ADD RED WINE)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Put salad oil into a pot and heat the pot.
- Put beef into the pot and brown them.
- Put vegetables into the pot. Saute 2-3minutes.
- Add water, say sauce, sugar, sake, salt , pepper.
- Stew about 20 minutes. Don't forget to stir it sometimes.