Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is so good! For anyone that is a cheesecake lover, you know that a good cheesecake is the best dessert going, and this is a goodie!
- 236.59 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 5 (1133.98 g) package cream cheese, softened (3 low-fat, and 2 regular)
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 3.69 ml grated lemon peel
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4-5 eggs (enough to make a cup)
- 2 egg yolks
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- MAKE CRUST:.
- Combine first three ingredients. cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add egg yolk and vanilla. Blend thoroughly. Pat 1/3 of the dough on bottom of 9-inch springform pan (sides removed).
- Bake in hot oven, 400°F, about 8 minutes or until golden; cool. Butter sides of pan, attach to bottom, and pat remaining dough on sides to height of 1 3/4 inches.
- Turn oven up to 450°F Place a 9x13 inch pan of hot water in bottom of oven, This helps to keep the custard creamy.
- MAKE FILLING:.
- Beat softened cream cheese until creamy. Add vanilla. Mix next 4 ingredients,(note: important to put lemon peel in flour to coat it), gradually blend in cheese.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating after each just to blend. Gently stir in whipping cream. Turn into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes; reduce heat to 300F and continue baking for 1 hour. May need a little time longer because of water. (NOTE: If cheesecake is getting too brown cover top with foil with hole torn out of the center so that middle of cheesecake continues baking).
- Remove from oven; cool. Loosen sides with spatula after 1/2 hour. Remove sides at end of 1 hour. This cheesecake is at it's best if refrigerated overnight.
I have had this recipe for a long time. I got it out of some monthly magazine and have made this numerous times. I recognized the ingredients and the measurements immediately! This is THE BEST Cheesecake recipe I have ever made. Don't confuse the instant cheesecakes with this one. This is REAL Cheesecake at is FINEST!