Prep 48 hrs
Cook 1 hr
The Perfect New York Cheesecake
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 40 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar (I put 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- For crust mix first 5 ingredients well and press evenly over bottom of spring form pan place 2 1/2 in up the sides of ungreased 9í pan chill while preparing filling.
- For Filling, Put cream cheeses in mixing bowl add sugar flour salt and flavoring. Beat well with mixer add eggs one at a time beat after each egg blend in sour cream pour mixture in crust.
- Can take drops of Jam and do marbeling effect at this point if desired or leave plain --
- bake at 500 degrees for 10 min reduce heat to 200 degrees for 65 to 70 min longer Must chill at LEAST over night -- I take two days. The longer it sets the firmer.
- After cooled before serving top with Comstock cherry, or strawberry pie filling or your choice of toppings or even enjoy it plain.