Recipe by Samuel Holden
Real mashed potatoes, like mum makes (well...almost). These are great when you're depressed, angry, have been dumped, or all the above :)) Enjoy!
- 500 g potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
- 50 g butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 250 g strong cured cheese
- 6 tablespoons milk (or more if you like 'em really mushy)
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 tablespoon basil oil (see my other recipes for this one)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water in a large pan and boil the chunks of potato until cooked.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare other ingredients and try not to think about why you need comforting.
- When the potatoes are cooked drain them and put them back in the pan, add all the ingredients except the basil oil, and mash VERY vigorously (mash out that anger!).
- When you have mashed for a while and you're feeling better, add the basil oil and serve with a sprinkle of sea salt over the top.
- You'll probably think there is far too much for you to eat, but it's so light and delicious you'll go right back to the pan and eat the rest!
- If you find you have lots left, it refrigerates well and is good as a "leftovers" (See my Recipe #13045 (Fried Mashed Potatoes).