Recipe by Nunzia Jones
This recipe is the REAL thing. Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Parties
Top Review by JoJoStar
I have been making these margaritas all summer and they are just the best. Delicious, classic margarita flavor. I don't even bother measuring the lemon juice, I just use one whole lemon. Thanks for posting this easy and delicious recipe.
- 1 lime
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 5 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup good tequila
Directions See How It's Made
- If you desire, rub the outside rim of glasses with a cut lime and dip each glass into a plate of kosher salt.
- Combine the lime juice, lemon juice, Triple Sec and ice in a blender and puree until completely blended.
- Add the tequila and blend for several seconds.
- Pour over ice.
- If you prefer frozen margaritas,halve each of the ingredients, double the ice, and blend in 2 separate batches.
- Serve with a cut lime.