Recipe by miradadiva
There's not a Cheesecake Factory where I live so everytime I visit a city that has one I get the same thing, Madiera Chicken. So I decided to try to make it. After researching many recipes I've formulated one that you'll love. Asapargus are great but can be sometimes difficult to cook, I've got a great recipe for some that doesn't go with this dish so I opted for Fresh Green Beans.
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 1⁄4 cups madeira wine
- 3 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 6 cups water
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb French style green bean
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Potatoes. Washing the Potatoes thoroughly and with skin on cut into cubes. Add the water and Potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Once fork tender, drain the potatoes. In the same pot add the 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic to the pot with 1 tbs of butter, on medium heat. Watch the garlic it will cook fast. Once slightly translucent add the potatoes back to the pot along with the 1 cup of milk, salt & pepper. On lowest heat Mashed to potates ensuring all the ingrediants are incorporate. Cover and keep warm.
- For the Green Beans. Pick the ends and rinse. Add the green beans to boiling hot water. Blanch for 3 minutes then remove and addto ice batch. Sautee thinly sliced shallots in butter til tender then add green beans to the pan. Season with salt & pepper and toss. Cover & keep warm.
- For the Chicken and Madiera Sauce. Sautee Chopped Shallots and Garlic in skillet with 1 tbs of Oilve until translucent. Them Remove and set aside.
- Butterfly the Chicken Breast. Place in loosely wrapped saran wrap and pound out with flat side of the mallet until 1/4" thick. Repeat with the other 3 Chicken Breast. Season all with salt & pepper to taste. On medium heat add olive oil to the skillet, add chicken breast. Cook on each side 3 minutes until carmelized color develops. Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from the skillet. Use 1 cup of the Beef Stock to deglaze the Pan. Add sauteed shallots and garlic to the pot. Add 2 cups of Madiera, thyme, and parsley. Simmer on medium heat. In a seperate bowl take the remaining 1/4 of beef stock, 1/4 of madiera and 1 tbs of corn starch and sitr (liquid should be no warmer than room temperture) until smooth. Add slurry to sauce, Stir & Simmer. On a baking sheet or oven safe plate add the chicken breast and 1 slice of cheese to each, place under the broiler. It should only take 1 minute for the cheese to get bubbly and golden. For a smooth Sauce you can strain it to remove the shallots and garlic but trust it's a great addition!
- Plating the Dish. Mound of Mashed Potatoes. Place the chicken breast on top of half. Add Madiera Sauce. Stack Green Beans along side of the mashed potatoes.