1/2 Photos of Real Macaroni and Cheese
This is delicious. A couple of options are to put velveeta slices on top before cooking, and we eat this with a homemade Russian dressing on top, which i don't expect anyone else to do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 3In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 4Blend in flour, salt, and pepper; gradually stir in milk.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- 6Try to avoid lumps, and don't let anything burn to the bottom of the pan. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- 7In a 3 quart casserole dish, stir together pasta and the cheese sauce.
- 8Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.1
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.4 mg
- Sodium 532.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 27.5 g