Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I LOVE good lemonade...natural or pink...Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter!!! This is from our former church's cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (rind)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 8 cups cold water
- ice cubes or crushed ice
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water.
- Add lemon rind & juice.
- TO SERVE:.
- Combine cold water, lemon mixture & ice in a large pitcher.
- Stir well.
- If desired, garnish each serving with a sprig of fresh mint &/or a cherry.
Truly refreshing and good lemonade! We really liked the addition of lemon zest and that the sweetness and the acidity were very well balanced. Made as written. Thanks for the post.
This is amazing!! It is so much better than from concentrate. I liked that you can taste a little of the lemon bitterness but it is also sweet, but not overpowering. DS loves lemonade so he helped make it and is thrilled that HE made lemonade! Will be making this a lot this summer I know for sure! Made for TOTM-May 2010.
Very good lemonade! I enjoyed the tartness and sweetness! Thanks for a real tasty treat!