Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
The taste is so much better made from scratch. My mom's recipe.
Make and share this Real Lemon Meringue Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Mix first 7 ingredients in saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour filling into 9 inch pie shell, that has been baked and thouroughly cool.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Put over hot filling, making sure meringue seals edges of pie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours.