Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe one day and could not wait to try it. I travel a lot so I scoured the southeast looking for a Key Lime pie that wasn't artificially green and tasted the way my mother always said it tasted. This recipe fills all those promises of tasty limy goodness! Not baked, so make sure you have plenty of room in the fridge.
- 1 (9 inch) single vanilla cookie pie crusts (short bread works beautifully)
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (found in the juice isle or in Produce as actual Key Limes)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lime oil (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Add the condensed milk and beat until well blended (it should be relatively smooth, don't worry about little lumps).
- Add the Key Lime juice and Lime Oil, mixing until smooth.
- Pour filling into a pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and limes, if desired.