Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Great on any type of pasta. Can be made ahead of time.
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 4 -6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage (regular or hot)
- 1 (2 ounce) can whole tomatoes (chopped & undrained)
- 1 (2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix together the cooking oil, garlic, ground beef, ground Italian sausage and brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, oregano, sugar, water, Salt, pepper& crushed red pepper.
- Bring to boil then lower heat.
- Simmer 2-3 hours, stirring often.
- Can be frozen for future meals.
This is the last recipe I tried in the "Pick Your Chef" contest. I think the weight of the cans is wrong in this recipe so this is what I used - 1 28 oz can tomatoes, 1 6 oz can tomato paste and 1 8 oz can tomato sauce. I also used just a pinch of sugar and cooked it for only about 1 1/2 hours. This is really good. I'm glad I chose you for my chef, Kerry. Thanks.