Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe while surfing the internet. It's from A Little Irish Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup hot strong black coffee
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 -2 tablespoon double cream
- Fill a stemmed whiskey glass with hot water then throw out, refilling it with boiling water. Throw this out, fill the glass somewhat more than half full with coffee and add sugar to taste.
- Stir to dissolve, then add the whiskey. Pour the cream over the back of a spoon to float on top. Drink the hot liquid through the cool cream.
- If double cream is not available use lightly-whipped single(whipping)cream.
Yummy! I used Bushmills whiskey for this and it was great. Will certainly make again. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
What a delightful drink! 1 serving (1/4 cup coffee) wouldn't be enough for me so after one drink, I made more! I didn't whip the cream much so it blended. Didn't mind since I like cream in my coffee. Thanks for sharing!