Recipe by Chefme
A bit of improvisation helped me stumble accross a warm, healthy, nutritious curry filled with proteins and exotic (but easy) vegetables.
For spice base blend
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 125 g okra, trimmed and halved
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1 small broccoli, in florets
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 200 g tofu, in small chunks
- 200 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
For the spicy sauce mix
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200 g soy yogurt
- sprinkling chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and fry all the spices to release their beautiful flavours (30 secs).
- Add the spring onions and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Toss in the broccoli and stir for two minutes.
- Add the splash of coconut milk, and reduce the heat a little.
- Throw in the okra, courgette and aubergine and stir well.
- Add the chickpeas, then pour on the sauce.
- Add the tofu and cook for a minute or so. Then, cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- To serve, bring back to the boil and garnish generously with chopped coriander.