1/7 Photos of Real Homemade Soft Pretzels
2 hrs 15 mins
These are just like the ones you get at the fair! Most recipes leave out the very important step of boiling before baking. You must do this to achieve the right results. *Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, stir yeast, sugar and warm water.
- 2Let rest til yeast is dissolved and is a little foamy.
- 3Stir in 1 cup flour. Then rest of flour mixed with the 1 Tbl salt.
- 4Knead on lightly floured surface til smooth.
- 5Place in oiled bowl, rolling around til all oiled. Cover and let rise till doubled in size.
- 6Remove and knead again just a little bit, gently.
- 7Cut into 16 pcs., roll each pc.into 14" ropes, shape into pretzels and place on greased cookie sheet.
- 8Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
- 9Drop each, one or 2 at a time into a small pot of boiling water, boiling each 1 minute, and replace back onto greased cookie sheet.
- 10Brush each with eggwash (1 egg beaten with 1 Tbl. water), sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake in preheated 450º oven for 12-15 minutes! This is the best recipe to make real soft pretzels!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Homemade Soft Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (1225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 442.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g