Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
THIS is SO yummy! If you're a fan of "real" puddings - try this one!
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Combine first 5 ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Add soda and boil a few minutes longer.
- Add 5 cups milk, slowly.
- Reserve 1 c.
- milk and mix with sugar, egg yolks and flour.
- Pour this into the cooked mixture slowly, and cook and stir until thick.
- Serve warm or cold, plain or with whipped cream!
I ended up halving the recipe since only two people will be eating it. I also added around 1/2 cup extra milk very slowly right at the end. The result was amazing.
Absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Will be using this for bananna pudding recipe. The next time, I will reduce the brown sugar by 1/2 cup and the white by 1/4 cup. Also, turn the heat down and watch your pudding when you add the milk/flour mixture because it burns real quick.
I just made this for dessert tonight. I had to taste it and OH MY GOSH! The flavor is so good. I put it in the refrigerator to cool and hopefully thicken up. Thanks for a great homemade recipe WJKing!