Found this recipe on "How to cook like your grandmother" Blog. No Velvetta(yuk) no processed cheese. Real cheese real ingredients. Serve hot as it will set when cool.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
- 2Stir in the corn starch.
- 3Add the milk. (regular milk will work also).
- 4Add cream cheese stir until it's melted and smooth.
- 5Add the cheddar and stir until it is well melted.
- 6Add the Monterey Jack and stir again.
- 7Stir in hot sauce and paprika.
- 8Enjoy over tortilla chips or veggies.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g