Recipe by Luchi69
Found this recipe on "How to cook like your grandmother" Blog. No Velvetta(yuk) no processed cheese. Real cheese real ingredients. Serve hot as it will set when cool.
Top Review by bunnytracks
unfortunately I did not like this recipe at all. I followed the directions to a T. The paprika was really overpowering and I did not care for the flavor at all. sorry! I made it a second time leaving out the paprika and instead adding some diced jalapenos and that was perfect.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk (regular milk will work)
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
- Stir in the corn starch.
- Add the milk. (regular milk will work also).
- Add cream cheese stir until it's melted and smooth.
- Add the cheddar and stir until it is well melted.
- Add the Monterey Jack and stir again.
- Stir in hot sauce and paprika.
- Enjoy over tortilla chips or veggies.