Recipe by BecR
This is the way our family likes our mashed potatoes. The evaporated milk makes this dish special. Simple, creamy and good!
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I've used evaporated milk in my mashers, too. Besides giving good creamy texture I like the flavor it gives. I usually don't measure but this time I followed your recipe and the amounts were perfect. Served this under some "Stuffed Pepper Soup." Thanks BecR! Roxygirl
- 6 large potatoes (we like russets or yukon gold)
- 177.44 ml canned evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes into stockpot. Add enough salted water to cover the potatoes by about 1-inch.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender but not mushy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in colander. Place potatoes back into stockpot.
- Meanwhile, heat evaporated milk in microwave (use a pyrex measuring cup) until warm, about 45 seconds.
- Add butter to potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add warmed milk to potatoes along with pepper to taste.
- Mix and mash well, but don't overdo it.