1/3 Photos of Real Homemade Mashed Potatoes
This is the way our family likes our mashed potatoes. The evaporated milk makes this dish special. Simple, creamy and good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- 2Place potatoes into stockpot. Add enough salted water to cover the potatoes by about 1-inch.
- 3Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are fork tender but not mushy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Drain potatoes in colander. Place potatoes back into stockpot.
- 5Meanwhile, heat evaporated milk in microwave (use a pyrex measuring cup) until warm, about 45 seconds.
- 6Add butter to potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add warmed milk to potatoes along with pepper to taste.
- 7Mix and mash well, but don't overdo it.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Homemade Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.9
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.6 g