Darlene Summers's Note:
I love these beets--it is the ONLY way I will eat beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Strain and save juice from can of sliced beets.
- 2Set beets aside.
- 3In a medium sized pan, melt butter.
- 4Add flour and cook slowly, stirring constantly, to form a smooth paste.
- 5Add juice from beets, vinegar and sugar. Cook until thickened; add beets and cook on very low heat for about 5 minutes.
- 6Cool; refrigerate till cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Good Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 70.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g