1/6 Photos of Real German Potato Salad - Direct from My Friend in Frankfurt's
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a loving home. I haven't yet been able to make it, but since I am German and generally like a good German potato salad, I thought I would put my name on this great looking recipe! ;) If you make it before I get a chance, please let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (yes they have that in Germany) or 1 cup Miracle Whip (yes they have that in Germany)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 2 medium dill pickles (DO NOT substitute with "relish", that will make it "American Potato Salad" NOT GERMAN.)
- 1In a large skillet, cook onion until tender.
- 2Stir in flour, blend well.
- 3Add vinegar and water; cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.
- 4Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- 5Add Mayo or"Miracle Whip".
- 6Chop pickles; gently stir in pickles and potatoes.
- 7Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real German Potato Salad - Direct from My Friend in Frankfurt's
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1302.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g