Recipe by -Sylvie-
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar as it didn't have a loving home. I haven't yet been able to make it, but since I am German and generally like a good German potato salad, I thought I would put my name on this great looking recipe! ;) If you make it before I get a chance, please let me know what you think!
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (yes they have that in Germany) or 1 cup Miracle Whip (yes they have that in Germany)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- 2 medium dill pickles (DO NOT substitute with "relish", that will make it "American Potato Salad" NOT GERMAN.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, blend well.
- Add vinegar and water; cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Add Mayo or"Miracle Whip".
- Chop pickles; gently stir in pickles and potatoes.
- Serve chilled.