Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Last weekend I made a French Toast Bake for a bridal shower brunch. I love this recipe because it is so easy (Fia could do this by herself), economical (most expensive ingredient was the Texas Toast at $2), & oh-so-delicious! The best part is that it is made the day before so there is no fuss on the day you consume it....perfect for a Sunday afternoon or brunch.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Texas toast thick bread (any thick sliced bread of your choice.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 4 apples (sliced, Your choice) (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar -- stir till mixed.
- Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan -- spread around (this is where I would all the sliced apples).
- Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla, & Cinnamon.
- Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan.
- Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer. (Then I would spread the Cream cheese and Powdered sugar mixture on the bread.).
- Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast.
- Spoon on remaining egg mixture and sprinkle a little Cinnamon on top.
- Cover & chill in fridge overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with warm maple syrup (I don't do the syrup part).