Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Suppose to be the real thing from France. I have'nt made these, as I'm stuck on Nurse Di's. Her's is "melt in your mouth heaven". Anyway some-body try these and let me know if they are worth the time. Thanks.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Butter and flour baking sheet.
- In bowl, whip egg whites til foamy, using electric mixer.
- Sprinkle sugar a little at a time, while continuting to whip at medium speed.
- Continue til mixture is shiny like satin.
- Put into a pastry bag using a large round tip or large star tip, and pipe the meringue onto the baking sheet.
- Put into oven and keep door ajar by putting a wooden handle spoon in the door.
- Bake for 3 hours, or til they are dry.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in air tight container.
Way, way too much sugar. I was concerned when I saw it because I always make these with 1/2 cup per two egg whites. But I thought it must make a difference being powdered sugar. It was like eating sugar cubes right from the box. If you make it wanting to see how it works with powdered sugar, I'd just use the traditional 1/2 cup to every 2 whites. Me...I'm sticking with the traditional recipe.