Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This key lime won first place in the Quick and Easy Category in 1999.I got the recipe from another website.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.
Very tasty. It is close to the recipe I have from Dockside in Savannah. Their recipe calls for the crust to be heated, not baked, before pouring in the filling.
This was defintely easy and the taste is OK. A little too sweet for my tastes but has a good lime flavor. I would try it again if I could figure out how to lessen the sweetness.
My hubby thanks you for this! I also thank you for an easy recipe! I personally don't eat limes but I do have to say that in less than 2 days he had managed to eat the whole pie!