Recipe by Gatinha21
Nice fresh lemon taste, quick and easy. This is a favorite recipe that my sister and best friend always ask me to prepare when I come home. It is a big hit in small dinner parties, but could not be easier to prepare.
Top Review by Maven in the Making
Wonderful flavor! The butter/cream/lemon ingredients add interest and dimension to the pasta. It didn't need to be swimming in sauce - all the flavor was there without all the calories (that would have been there with double or triple the sauce)! DH loved it. I loved that it was a dressed-up dish without a lot of ingredients, just used things I'd usually have on hand. Don't forget that sprinkle of chopped parsley at the end - adds both color and flavor. Thanks.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot put the water to boil for the pasta.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter until is starts to foam, add the lemon juice and let it reduce a bit, maybe 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and keep aside.
- Return the lemon sauce to the stove and add all of the cream and let it reduce by a half.
- Mix the pasta with the cream sauce, add the cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- garnish with fresh parsley stems,.