Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice fresh lemon taste, quick and easy. This is a favorite recipe that my sister and best friend always ask me to prepare when I come home. It is a big hit in small dinner parties, but could not be easier to prepare.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 dash pepper
- In a large pot put the water to boil for the pasta.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter until is starts to foam, add the lemon juice and let it reduce a bit, maybe 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and keep aside.
- Return the lemon sauce to the stove and add all of the cream and let it reduce by a half.
- Mix the pasta with the cream sauce, add the cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- garnish with fresh parsley stems,.
Wonderful flavor! The butter/cream/lemon ingredients add interest and dimension to the pasta. It didn't need to be swimming in sauce - all the flavor was there without all the calories (that would have been there with double or triple the sauce)! DH loved it. I loved that it was a dressed-up dish without a lot of ingredients, just used things I'd usually have on hand. Don't forget that sprinkle of chopped parsley at the end - adds both color and flavor. Thanks.
Waaaay too lemony. Very watery and short of sauce for 1 lb dry pasta. Pointless to add a tablespoon of cheese because the lemon overpowers it. Not good!
When I began making this recipe, I thought I had all of the ingredients on hand; however, after realizing I only had one lemon and that my husband had put the last of the cream on his cereal, I quickly had to make a few adjustments. I used only 1/4 cup of lemon juice and substituted 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk mixed with 1/4 cup skim milk for the light cream. I was VERY happy with the resulting sauce. It was sweet and creamy - yet not too heavy. This was so easy to make, it's definitely going to become a part of my recipe collection - and next time, I'll try to keep my husband away from the cream beforehand.