Recipe by Sherrybeth
My son loves this stuff. He was so AMAZED that you could make mac and cheese without a box and dry mix!
Top Review by CJAY
Excellent mac and cheese! I made as directed but used aged gouda and sharp cheddar. It was nice and cheesy and very creamy. Great comfort food on a cold and rainy day. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool 2011.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (I use colby or jack for a milder flavor or sharp cheddar for a stronger cheese flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and blend in flour and pepper, blending well.
- Add milk and stir constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- Add 1 cup of the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine macaroni with sauce and pour into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake uncovered at 375° for 25 minutes.