Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Best of the Best of Georgia. A recipe supposedly from Elizabeth of 37th restaurant. A nice way to serve this is in hollowed out individual bread rounds as bowls.
Top Review by KC_hockey_chick
What a workout! But worth it in the end! Thanks to those who reviewed before me, I did assemble my ingredients prior to starting and it made it a lot easier. I also added extra carrots, and about one teaspoon of minced garlic (I love the stuff). I also used fresh chicken stock, it didn't need extra salt but I added a good dose of Old Bay for an extra kick. Super yummy!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced carrot
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (not cooking sherry!!)
- 1 lb crabmeat
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Mince green onion, celery, and carrot in food processor, then add to the butter, cover& sweat until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in chicken broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil, whisking often.
- When it comes to just a boil, quickly stir in cream, seasonings, sherry and crabmeat.
- Heat through, then serve.