Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was inspired by seeing someone serve salmon with cheese. Why?
- 4 lbs copper river salmon
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter (or however much you feel comfortable with)
- Chardonnay wine (Preferably cheap. I drink red only)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 heads garlic
- Chop garlic and onion coarsely.
- Melt butter Rub salmon with butter and then salt well (salt makes things taste good).
- Sprinkle with pepper and marinate salmon in onions, garlic, melted butter and Chardonnay for at least an hour (as usual, the longer the better).
- Grill until done and serve immediately (remember it's about 10 minutes an inch, but that assumes a 400 degree grill, so adjust accordingly).
- You will impress people!
Marinating in butter seems weird and not cooking the onions and garlic in the butter beforehand seems odd too. The salmon was good (of course), but I'm not sure the marinating added much to it.
I used this on fresh, fresh salmon from Seattle and my non-fish liking friends loved it.
Just viewing the page reminds me how tasty it is!