Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A recipe from Matthew Evans - here is what he says of his cake "Real chocolate cake has real chocolate in it. This one is dense, disgustingly rich and far too moist. And its "loverly"".
- Beat the eggs very well for about 20 minutes until pale thick and foamy. Use electric mixer!
- Beat in chocolate then liqueur and then the cream.
- Bake in foil-lined 24cm springform pan at 150 degrees C for 80-90 minutes until skewer inserted in centre comes out reasonable clean.
- Allow to cool completely before taking it out of the tin.
- The cake will drop in the centre when it has cooled.
- You can only serve small slivers - it is so sinful and rich!