1/1 Photo of Real Chicken Noodle Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Dans La Lune's Note:
This is homemade goodness! I was disappointed by the number of recipes I saw with bouillon or broth in them. My favorite chicken soup is made with a whole chicken, water, and veggies... and the taste is pure and delicious. No MSG or other fillers getting in the way. To make this truly from scratch, you could make your own egg noodles as well (try Delicious Homemade Egg Noodles) but pre-packaged ones do fine too. Adjust the noodle amount to how you like it... either a lot of noodles or a little. Enjoy this soup when you are under the weather or just as a warm comfort food. We love it served with a nice crusty bread with butter. Oh, and my 2 year old loves this too! It's perfect for little fingers and noodles and veggies are soft for them to chew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discard chicken parts on interior of chicken and thoroughly rinse chicken. Place in large stockpot or Dutch oven.
- 2Add carrots, onion, water, salt and pepper.
- 3Cover and cook over high heat until boiling.
- 4Once boiling, lower heat to low to maintain a simmer, and cook for 45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
- 5Remove chicken, and place on cutting board to cool enough to handle.
- 6Add celery and noodles to pot. Simmer for 10 - 20 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- 7During this time, begin cutting up your chicken meat (we use only the breast meat) into chunks or shreds -- however you like it.
- 8Add the meat to the soup before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Real Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 829.9
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 255.7 mg
- Sodium 2059.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 60.5 g