Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very simple and very delicious. My husband's favorite dish of mine. The hardest part is waiting for it to be finished in the oven!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 lb finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
- dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- First, you should boil the noodles in a medium pot. Add a little oil so the noodles don't stick. (Wait until the water is in a full boil before you add noodles!).
- While the noodles are boiling, you need to brown the meat in a saucepan.
- You will add about 1 tablespoon of garlic powder and as much pepper and salt as you desire.
- When the meat is cooked thoroughly, add the cans of tomato sauce. Bring the sauce and meat mixture to a boil.
- By this time the noodles should be soft. Drain them good, and run COLD water on them. (You will be touching the noodles with your hands, so be sure you can handle the temperature of the noodles before you put the lasagna together).
- Now we will layer the noodles and sauce.
- Put some of the sauce in the bottom of the cake pan. So the noodles dont stick to the bottom. You will layer it from bottom to top like this ; sauce, noodles, sauce, yellow cheese, noodles, sauce, white cheese, noodles, sauce, yellow cheese. And repeat to the top of the pan.
- On the top, layer the cheese very thick.
- Now put it in the oven at 375° and leave it in there for about 45-60 minutes. Until the cheese is melted. (You can turn the broiler on to crisp the cheese up some, my family loves it that way!).
- Now you can serve with garlic bread and salad.